Basic Kennel Information
- Please note that a boarding trial is required prior to your dog’s stay at our facility.
Boarding trials are required for all dogs, both clients and non-clients, who have never boarded in our facility before. All dogs must pass a boarding trial to board, and there are no exceptions to this policy. A boarding trial is to be scheduled prior to your intended boarding dates. Plan to leave your pet with us for at least two hours when scheduling this appointment. You will be given the results of the assessment after the trial has been completed.
Thank you for considering Montgomery Animal Hospital for your pet’s lodging needs! We offer boarding for cats, dogs, and small exotics at our facility. We stand out from other boarding kennels because we are a fully functioning veterinary office with access to highly qualified doctors who are accessible if your pet needs care while boarding. We have temperature-controlled lodging areas that will keep your fur babies warm in the winter, and cool in the summer! We have dog runs and cages of varying sizes, and a separate space with kitty condos for your kitties to climb! Our building is also equipped with a multipurpose alarm system. We also offer day boarding for your pets if needed. We look forward to meeting you and your pet in the future!
Below is a list important information regarding our boarding facility:
Boarding Intake and Discharge Hours:
|Sunday||8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
|Monday-Friday||8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
Please call if you will be cancelling boarding, boarding your pet longer than intended, or will be picking your pet up before the scheduled date and/or time.
All admissions and discharges must be done within the boarding intake and discharge hours.
- Please walk, feed, and give medication if applicable, prior to dropping off in the morning. We will feed and walk your pet in the evening if needed.
*Please bring medication in its original bottle with instructions. *
- Our front office is closed for all major holidays. Pick-up and drop-off cannot be done on these dates.
- If your pet becomes soiled while boarding, we will clean up and/or bathe your pet as needed at your expense.
- A bath may be requested for your pet. We bathe animals who are going home after 3 p.m. the day of pick-up. Animals being picked up before 3 p.m. will be bathed the day before discharge.
*If you want your pet bathed the day of pick-up, pick-up must be later than 3 p.m. There is a charge for this day of boarding. *
- Owners must have written proof showing that their pet’s vaccinations are current.
- Dogs must have current Rabies, Distemper, Influenza and Bordetella vaccinations (Bordetella must be done within 6 months of boarding date).
- If your dog has never boarded with us before, you must bring vaccination records to the boarding trial. If your pet has boarded with us before, updated vaccine records can be faxed or emailed to us at least week before your pet’s scheduled boarding dates. See the “About Us” tab and click “Contact Us” for our fax number and email address.
- Cats must have current Rabies and Distemper/Upper-Respiratory vaccinations. We do not currently require a boarding trial for cats or exotics.
- For your convenience, you may print the Boarding Form ahead of time to fill out and bring with you. Please give yourself at least 15-minutes to complete the boarding forms if you plan to fill them out at check-in.
Please give us a call if you have further questions!
Please Be Advised: Our kennel has a no-biting policy, and Montgomery Animal Hospital reserves the right to discontinue our boarding partnership if your pet is deemed to be a bite risk to any of our staff.