Feline Vaccination Recommendations
- Distemper-Upper Respiratory Combination Vaccination – Recommended for all cats. This vaccination protects cats from Panleukopenia (feline distemper) and a number of severe feline upper respiratory diseases.
- Rabies Vaccination – Recommended for all cats and required by PA State Law.
- Feline Leukemia Vaccination – Recommended for all cats that spend time outdoors, even short periods of time. This is a fatal disease that suppresses the cat’s immune system much like AIDS does in people. It can be transmitted by fighting, sharing food or water dishes, mutual grooming, and sharing litter pans or outdoor toilet areas.
- Feline Immunodeficiency Virus Vaccination – Recommended for cats that get into fights while they’re outdoors. This is another immunosuppressive disease, but it can only be transmitted through bite wounds when cats fight.
- Feline Infectious Peritonitis Vaccination – This is a fatal disease of cats that is usually a problem in catteries or cat breeding establishments. It is not a recommended vaccination for the normal cat population.